Palestinian children look at mortars and spent ammunition that, Suleiman Abu Jamaa, 35, collected around his destroyed home in Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip on September 11, 2014.AFP PHOTO / SAID KHATIB
In a statement posted online, the group calling itself Supporters of ISIS in Jerusalem said it fired mortar rounds at a base used by Hamas’s armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, in Khan Yunis in southern Gaza.
Witnesses told AFP they heard explosions close to Khan Yunis.
A bomb attack this week targeted Hamas’s security headquarters in Gaza after radical Islamists issued a threatening message calling for the release of prisoners.
Gazan jihadis have pledged allegiance to ISIS in the past, but there has been no confirmation from the group itself that it has a presence in the coastal enclave.
- 200 Gazan Arabs Come to Pray at Al Aqsa Compound on Temple Mount (israelnationalnews.com)
- Gaza man electrocuted inside tunnel (worldbulletin.net)
- Isis Appears Ready to Announce Expansion to Gaza (kleinonline.wnd.com)
- Palestine- Gaza security forces arrest ‘pro-Daesh’ salafists (menafn.com)
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip (newsday.com)